- Will fit 1967-68 Mustang Convertible and heavily modified coupe to roadster Mustangs.
- Weighs approximately 75 pounds when trimmed out and can be removed in less than 2 minutes.
- Secured with 2 bolts (in the front) and 2 wing nuts (in the rear – note the two holes in the back seat metal reinforcement must be enlarged to fit the coupe sun-visor rods, a simple and inexpensive method to secure the backside of the roof – the convertible well liner covers the holes).
- Front of roof is built to have a gasket that sits on the windshield stainless steel trim.
- Metal reinforcement where wing nuts attach. Adjusting the double nut adjusts the roof height.
- Weather-stripping can be attached where the roof sits on the convertible boot snap trim (hockey sticks). It’ll keep out most of the water and wind noise.
- Roof can be as water tight as owner would like. The tighter the roof, the more chance of paint damage.
- The trunk cannot be opened with the roof on. It may be possible to modify it but we feel it‘ll change the look of the convertible.
- The 1967-68 roof only accepts convertible glass. Note that the convertible door glass rolls up into the roof – a simple solution is to install remote power windows (kits are sold by Mustangs Unlimited).
Purchasing a Roof:
- Price: $2,650 (for fiberglass roof only, includes $200 crate fee). Shipping is not included.
- Shipping costs depend on roof model and destination (domestic/international). U.S. estimate: $350-450.
- Back window, drip rail and window trim are not included. These can be purchased from any large mustang supplier (e.g., NPD and Mustangs Unlimited).